Friday, October 23, 2009

Great win for the program! Here comes another crazy game!

Last Saturday our guys played the hearts out! After two weeks on the road, we returned home to face a very talented Beloit College team. They had some skill kids that were amazing. While the shootout, didn't help my overall blood-pressure, the win made my evening a little more relaxing. My wife makes fun of me for my "wandering patterns" during the game; but if you were at the last game, you would know why I pace so much!

I was most happy for our players, who performed well inspite of all the off-field distractions that a homecoming game bring. During the week, there are powder-puff games and other fun events that can cause young guys to lose focus, but our players did a great job of putting that stuff aside and preparing to win a game.

So now we are on to the Grinnell game. Our kids have prepared all week for a win. As we told the kids last night in the meeting, talk means nothing, action is what is important. Knowing what to do, is not nearly as important as going out and doing it!

Hopefully we'll see you out there at 1pm on Saturday to cheer on this group of young men who are battered and beaten up after 3/4 of a football season! Let's do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment